We are looking for a Legal Secretary to assist our Commercial teams across the Firm.
We are looking for a Wills & Tax Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience to join the established team in Christchurch.
The successful applicant will be working with experienced members of the team and therefore would be expected to work both with minimal direct day to day supervision and also as part of the wider team.
The role will involve managing the team in the Christchurch office, with direct access to and support from the head of the department who is mostly based in the firm’s Ringwood office.
On top of a varied caseload across the entire private client spectrum, the role will involve business development through their own and the firm’s contacts of accountants, financial advisers and other professional referrers.
The role will suit an experienced practitioner looking to make the next step up, with the short term goal being a push for Partnership.
We welcome applications from people with the following essential skills, attributes and experience:
- A qualified solicitor/ FCILEx with 5+ years’ PQE
- People management and team building experience
- Can communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to convey information accurately and articulately, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and manage a caseload
- Shows initiative, generates new ideas, thinks of original solutions
- Anticipates client’s future needs, sees opportunities for other teams and makes suitable introductions
- Returns client calls
- Able to meet new clients and win new business
- Aim to sell Frettens on service and values (rather than price alone) and follow up on viable enquiries
The following abilities would also be desirable:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Marketing and networking skills
- Ability to motivate yourself to meet/exceed targets
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes
- Focuses on detail, needs to be methodical, organised, systematic
- STEP and/or SFE membership
- Ability to structure own workload, making best use of resources and time
- Delegates appropriate tasks to team members
Core values - what we look for in all Frettens staff:
- Is IT literate and confident in learning new processes
- Has consistently friendly, approachable conduct
- Doesn’t use jargon with clients
- Co-operates with colleagues from all teams
- Enjoys working as part of a team, helping and supporting others
- Has the ability to work calmly, even under pressure
- Takes personal pride in their work and responsibility for issues
- Maintains appropriate client contact
Salary and Benefits
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience. Frettens offer a wide range of benefits to our staff - See Working at Frettens - Benefits.