Cameron Hearn was named Dorset’s Apprentice of the Year at the Dorset Chamber Awards on Wednesday. He was presented his award by the Lord-Lieutenant of Dorset, Angus Campbell in an awards ceremony at the impressive new Superior Seals Academy in...
Amy is a solicitor based in Christchurch in our large family team. Her clients often comment on how easy she is to talk to and praise her pragmatic, straight-forward advice. Amy always aims to resolve disputes without heading to court, though has a great track record when court proceedings have been necessary.
Amy trained at Frettens and qualified as a Solicitor into the Family Team in 2016 and became an Associate in 2021. She deals with all aspects of family law which includes divorce, separation and the associated financial matters which arise from this, as well as disputes over children, such as contact issues. Amy also advises on pre and post marital agreements.
Amy is also a member of Resolution, an organisation for professionals who specialise in family law matters. Resolution is committed to working in constructive and non-confrontational ways in order to resolve disputes, produce outcomes and provide support for separating families and children.
- Increased the level of contact clients have had with their children.
- Help clients receive fair share of their entitlement from the matrimonial pot.
- Acted for a multimillionaire client drawing up a pre-nuptial agreement to protect their assets acquired prior to marriage and to continue protecting such assets following the marriage.
- Helped a father who had no parental responsibility due to unmarried mother not registering father on the birth certificate to obtain parental responsibility and to spend time with child by obtaining a Child Arrangements Order setting out times and days for when child sees father and to have overnight contact.
- Helped a client to receive more lump sum from her agreement with the husband which was for her to transfer her share in the family home to husband subject to her receiving half the equity in the home. The parties used an estimated figure for the family home when reaching their financial agreement together. Advised client to instruct three independent estate agents to provide a value of the family home and successfully helped the client to get the figure she was awarded to be based on the present value of the family home, an extra £40,000.
Amy participates in the Race for Life every year and has done the 5km or 10km race since 2010. She enjoys going to the beach, attending music concerts and gigs and going to sunny destinations including Hong Kong to visit family.
Amy is a busy mum of two and when she isn’t running around after her children, she is busy baking cakes in the kitchen (a new hobby she discovered during the recent lock downs).
Thank you so much! I haven't been this happy in ages! Thank you for all your hard work and for sticking with it, even though there have stops and starts!
All I can say is thank you so much! You have been absolutely amazing! From day one you showed kindness, understanding, professionalism. You kept me informed every step of the way, you truly are fantastic at you’re job. You gave me 100% faith that everything would turn out ok as it did. I will always be truly grateful for what you have done for me.
I just wanted to say thank you to Amy Langlois and Michelle Hayter for all the advice given to date, much appreciated.
I’m so glad that I chose you to act for me, friends recommended Frettens and they were not wrong!