Frettens are thrilled to welcome Trainee Solicitor Tara Jones to the firm.
Fiona has over 30 years of experience in both commercial and residential property and sees herself as a problem solver. Adept at dealing with any complicated or unusual property issues, she brings a ‘can do’ positive approach to all her work. She takes a genuine interest in her clients and strives to achieve the most appropriate, timely and cost effective solution to their needs.
Fiona joined Frettens in February 2019 having worked for the firm as a long-term locum.
Fiona is an experienced solicitor and has acted on major hotel, office, retail, industrial unit and site development transactions for a wide range of clients including developers, charities, trusts, property investors and private individuals. She deals with all aspects of commercial property work including acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant leasing and secured lending.
Fiona can assist with property matters for charitable and not for profit organisations as well as social enterprises, clubs and societies.
- Taking new leases of office premises to relocate headquarters and new satellite office in Dorset including termination of lease on existing premises and ongoing property advice.
- Granting of lease of industrial unit to national retail operator.
- Taking new lease of industrial unit for warehousing for national operator and termination of lease on existing premises including issues with schedule of condition.
- Acquisition of freehold industrial units on industrial park with acquisition of shareholding in freehold estate management company.
- Acting for trustee in bankruptcy in relation to option to grant lease of roof space of building in West Hampstead, London for development.
- Advice on covenants on development site and development options.
- Option agreements both for developers and for land owners.
Motivated to make a difference and having always lived in the Bournemouth area, Fiona has been active members of both the Rotary Club of Bournemouth and the Rotary Club of Ferndown. Fiona has also been a Trustee of Help & Care, a local charity supporting older people and their carers, a cause close to her heart as her mother suffered with Alzheimer’s disease for many years. She is a Past President of the Bournemouth and District Law Society and was also its Treasurer for many years.
Fiona has always been a keen sportswoman. When she is not trying to master the game of golf, she enjoys cycling and cycled from London to Paris for the Alzheimer’s Society in memory of her Mum. She has also tackled the challenge of cycling the entire length of the UK from Land’s End to John O’Groats (1,000 miles) in memory of her Dad and raised £6,000 for Bournemouth Hospital’s Heart Club and CRUSE the national bereavement charity.
Never one to rest on her past achievements, Fiona’s next challenge is to cycle the coast of Ireland. Watch this space!
Mr Knott, Sibbett Gregory
Thank you for keeping me copied in and fully up to date throughout.
Commercial Property Client
We have been very pleased with your handling of our case, and if another opportunity arises we will most certainly engage your help again.
Corporate Commercial Client
I wanted to take the opportunity to say a huge thank you to you and Fiona and your team for your support and guidance. I know at times it has been challenging but I greatly appreciate all you have done.
Thank you for your professionalism and great help we received from you during setting up the lease for our old surgery.