Disputed Wills

Dealing with the death of a relative is very difficult and emotional. Dealing with their estate can become even more difficult. In some circumstances, you may feel that your relative’s will does not provide for you, or does not reflect what you believed were their intentions. You may suspect that they were not of sound mind, or were being influenced when they made their will. There are also occasions where people have not made a valid will at all.

These situations often lead to disputes which can be very complicated and distressing for those involved.

We are one of a small number of firms in the area with specialist solicitors who are experienced in handling the complexities of disputes. We can help you bring or defend a claim over a will or an inheritance.

Contact us if you would like a free initial appointment to discuss any of these issues.

Disputed Wills in Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ringwood and the New Forest

We have offices in Christchurch. Our Dispute Resolution Team also covers Bournemouth, Poole, Ringwood and the New Forest, with the majority of our clients located in the Bournemouth and Poole area.

If you live in Bournemouth or Poole:

Please do not be put off by our location and please do not hesitate to contact us. Our disputed wills solicitors will be very happy to speak with you.

With the calm manner and firm responses given, we were able to cope.  Frettens were always available and gave sound counselling to each query.

Ask us at Frettens

Here's some frequently asked questions on disputed wills, if you need to ask us anything more please get in touch using the form on the right.

Q. Can I contest a relative’s Will?

A. Yes, there are a number of different reasons why you may have the grounds to contest a loved one’s Will. This can include concerns about their mental capacity at the date they made the Will, issues of them having been unduly influenced by someone close to them, not properly understanding the contents of their Will or simply that it fails to make reasonable financial provision for you depending on your relationship to the Deceased and your needs.