If nothing is done to protect the bank of mum and dad, there is no guarantee that monies will not be treated as a shared asset in divorce and split with the child’s partner.
At Frettens Solicitors, we endeavour to invest in our employees and offer a place to work which is supportive, fulfilling and enjoyable.
- The firm invests substantially in IT and offers systems and training which sets us apart from our competition
- All staff use the latest available versions of Microsoft Windows and Office
- All staff have the choice between two screen monitors or a wide screen monitor
- Phone headsets are available to those who prefer them
- The office has three kitchens where tea, coffee and squash are free and boiling water and chilled, filtered water is available on tap
- Fruit is freely available in each kitchen
- We have an interactive company intranet which all staff are encouraged to utilise.
- Private healthcare policy available to all staff
- Health cash plan available to all staff, enabling refunds on bills for optical, dental, chiropody, chiropractic, physio etc
- Life insurance for all staff paying out four times your annual salary
- Annual paid sick allowance.
Work life balance
Approximately 40% of our staff work non-standard hours – we understand that it is important for employees to have flexibility in their working hours and the ability to fit their work and personal lives together.
- Flexitime is available to the majority of staff from their very first day (exceptions are in areas like reception where alternative flexibility is available)
- Soft start time – start up to 15 minutes late and finish accordingly late on the same day – available any day and not pre-agreed (to account for traffic / delays etc)
- Starting annual leave of 20 days / 25 days / 30 days dependant on role
- Long service annual leave entitlement increases (after 5 years, an extra day per year, after 12 years an additional two days per year, additional bonus week holiday for working 10 years)
- Additional annual leave day for your birthday, when your birthday falls on a weekday.
Social and communication
- Monthly firmwide meeting to communicate news
- Monthly prizes for referrals to other teams
- Quarterly prizes for the most referrals
- Quarterly special recognition award and prize, nominated by colleagues
- Annual staff Christmas party, where meal and drinks are paid for by the firm
- Annual staff and family BBQ where food and drinks are paid for by the firm
- Annual independent anonymous staff survey, the results of which are shared with all staff
- Monthly drinks allowance for get together after work
- Ad hoc social events such as bowling, quizzes etc which are often subsidised by the firm.
- Free or subsidised parking available to all
- Enhanced maternity pay for qualifying staff
- Christmas bonus for support staff
- Performance related bonus for qualifying staff
- Recruitment incentive of £1,000 or £500
- Support for professional training – including some funding and time off for study where applicable
- Mobile phones for qualifying staff
- Discounted legal fees