In this Coffee Break Briefing , Malcolm Niekirk looked at the sort of issues that an insolvency professional may have to deal with when advising a distressed music festival. He discusses the realisable assets that may be found in a music...
Frettens is one of only a handful of firms in the area to offer specialist insolvency and restructuring advice.
Malcolm Niekirk leads the team at Frettens. With over 30 years’ experience in insolvency law, he is regarded as one of the leading practitioners on the south coast.
Our bright, approachable lawyers offer well-rounded advice in plain English. The insolvency and restructuring team work closely with the other commercial teams at Frettens to offer a comprehensive service.
Contact our insolvency solicitors in Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch and Ringwood, Hampshire and Dorset, near the New Forest, Southampton, Poole, Winchester, Salisbury and London
We can offer a free initial appointment to discuss your insolvency and restructuring case.
We have offices in Christchurch and Ringwood with many of our clients coming to us from Southampton, Winchester, and the New Forest or elsewhere in Hampshire, Bournemouth, Poole or elsewhere in Dorset, and London.
What can our specialist insolvency solicitors help with?
- We help set up and advise on pre-packs – pre-packaged insolvency or administration – for insolvency practitioners acting as administrators or liquidators and also for directors of insolvent companies
- We help set up and advise on CVAs and moratoriums – company voluntary arrangments – for insolvency practitioners acting as monitors, nominees and supervisors and also for directors of insolvent companies
- We have many years of experience in advising on the Insolvency Act 1986, the Insolvency Rules 2016 and the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020
- We work with insolvency practitioners on asset realisation, which may be by sale of business assets, such as land, buildings and other property or sale of a business as a going concern. Or it may be by realising disputed assets such as overdrawn directors loan accounts, or bringing claims for misfeasance, transactions at an undervalue, preferences or wrongful trading
- We work with insolvency practitioners to advise them on compliance and process in their appointments.
- We can also draw on years of experience to advise on strategy and how to maximise recoveries.
- We can help company directors and boards with their duties and responsibilities in an insolvency situation.
- We help resolve disputes, working in partnership with our commercial litigation team.
- We work with our specialist employment law team to advise on HR matters, such as redundancy, arising from insolvency.
Who can our insolvency team help?
- Insolvency practitioners, liquidators, administrators, receivers, trustees in bankruptcy
- Directors, board members and shareholders
- Banks, financiers and lenders
- Insolvency disputes and litigation
Ask Us at Frettens
Here are some frequently asked questions on insolvency and restructuring. For any other questions, please feel free to ask us via our online enquiry form and we will be more than happy to help.