There are complexities in any employment situation. You will need to know, in plain, straightforward language, what your rights are and how you can exercise them. Our experts offer sensible, timely, practical advice to help you choose the best course of action.
At Frettens, we can help you deal with issues with your employer and provide advice about whether you may have a potential claim. Our team also helps people with contractual matters and terminations of employment, including redundancies.
The team are recommended in the Legal 500, the leading independent guide to the UK's top law firms.
People sometimes feel that they are treated unfairly at work. If you feel that you are suffering from discrimination, you may have a potential claim against your employer. Our team also helps people with contractual matters and terminations of employment, including redundancies.
Free initial appointment
We offer all new clients a free initial chat with one of our bright experts. A free initial chat with one of our bright experts lasts around 30 minutes and usually takes place over a cup of tea or coffee, either at our Christchurch or Ringwood offices.
At present, most appointments will take place over the phone or by video link. Where a face-to-face meeting is necessary, we have put the required safety measures in place.
Our employment lawyers can help you with:
- Disciplinary action and grievance procedures
- Advice on service agreements, contracts of employment and consultancy agreements
- Claims to the employment tribunal
- Negotiating settlements of employment tribunal claims
- Advice on discrimination and harassment issues
- Drafting and advising on compromise agreements if you are leaving an employer
- Negotiating termination deals
- Support during ACAS procedures, such as early conciliation
- Advice on redundancy issues
The types of work problems we can help with include:
- Discrimination, such as age, sex, gender, disability, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sexuality
- Unfair dismissal
- Constructive dismissal (having no choice but to resign because of your employer)
- Wrongful dismissal (for example, being dismissed without notice)
- Pay disputes
- Holiday and sickness disputes
- Workplace bullying, harassment and victimisation
- Redundancy disputes
Why choose our employment law solicitors?
Our friendly Employment Law team know just how stressful it can be when you have a problem with your employer. Your livelihood may be at stake which may impact your ability to pay your rent or keep up with bills and other debts.
You may also be worried about your future career, networking opportunities and professional reputation.
It is very common for people experiencing employment problems to have feelings of self-doubt, anger and frustration, even if you know that you are one hundred percent in the right.
We are familiar with all the conflicting emotions that you may be feeling at the moment. We want to provide the professional advice and support you need to get through this difficult situation.
Whether it’s a straightforward issue about when you should be paid or a serious long-term campaign of workplace harassment or discrimination, we will put your best interests first, and take all possible steps to achieve a positive outcome.
We combine practical legal advice with a warm, welcoming approach to put you at ease from the moment you get in touch.
Here are just a few more reasons to choose us:
- We empower employees – knowing your legal rights is the key to preventing your employer from taking advantage of you. We give our advice in plain English, ensuring you understand exactly what options are available to you so you can move forward with confidence.
- Our team includes members of the Employment Lawyers Association, an organisation of specialist employment lawyers who are dedicated to upholding principles of best practice in employment law.
- We are independently recognised for our employment law expertise – our Head of Employment, Paul Burton, has been recommend by the Legal 500, which is a prestigious guide that ranks law firms and lawyers by skill and client feedback.
- We work proactively and respond to calls and emails promptly – we do not want you to be in this frustrating situation any longer than necessary. So, we always work as quickly as possible and never leave our clients waiting for an answer to their questions or concerns.
- We listen and adapt – every person and every employment situation is different, so we always tailor our advice rather than resorting to ‘one-size-fits-all’ solutions. We will listen carefully to your concerns and problems – every difficulty you have is relevant and important to us, even if your employer, colleagues or others have tried to invalidate your issues.
- We always aim for the best possible outcome – our bespoke approach means that we are always focused on achieving the best possible outcome for you, whether that is signing a settlement agreement for compensation, getting an apology from your employer, or taking your case all the way to an employment tribunal.
Our employment law solicitors’ fees
We offer a free 30-minute consultation to discuss your situation and recommend a course of action. We will ask you some questions and provide a tailored quote for the work required.
There is no obligation after this meeting to move forward with us if you don’t think we’re the right fit for you.
If you need legal advice because your employer has offered you a settlement agreement (or compromise agreement), they may be prepared to pay for some or all of your legal costs.
We are happy to discuss this with you and liaise with your employer to ensure we can provide the required services within a proportionate budget.
You can see our fees for unfair or wrongful dismissal cases by clicking this link. Otherwise, please get in touch for a custom quote.
Expert employment law advice in Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ringwood and the New Forest
We have offices in Christchurch and Ringwood. Our Employment Team also covers Bournemouth, Poole and the New Forest, with the majority of our clients located in the Bournemouth and Poole area.
Thanks to our excellent IT systems, we can (and regularly do) represent clients from across the country.