Our offices are closed to the public, however we are still open for business
Client appointments will still take place either by telephone or video conference
We have excellent IT systems that allow our team to work seamlessly from home and our full team are available to help.
In exceptional circumstances, we can still see clients at our offices. Please call us if you feel that your matter cannot be handled remotely and we will see what we can do to help.
Guidance and regulations are constantly changing. Our bright lawyers will be publishing advice and articles to help you through this difficult start to the year, you can read the latest from them here.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01202 499 255. One of our team will be more than happy to help.
We are living in strange times, and as a firm we are trying to work within the guidelines but still offer the same full service that our clients have enjoyed up to this time.
We will adapt our policies in line with the government’s guidance as it changes. We may not always get the balance correct and would welcome any feedback you might want to offer, particularly where it might help improve our levels of service.
We are publishing as much useful and up-to date information as we can for our clients. All articles, downloads and factsheets relating specifically to coronavirus / COVID-19 are provided in the links below.
We will try to update and share this information as quickly as possible.
- New support grants announced for businesses - 5th January 2021
- Furlough scheme extended to end of April 2021
- Update on Furlough, SEIS and Job Support Scheme - 5th November
- Can I see my child in lockdown?
- The potential scale of furlough fraud
- What are the new support measures for workers and businesses in tier 2?
- Homeworking: The legalities and the practicalities
- How will the coronavirus job support scheme work?
- What is the new furlough scheme?
- Working from home: 9 points to consider
- Writing a working from home policy
- Can an employer monitor working from home?
- Claiming a holiday refund for coronavirus cancellation
- Can I refuse to return to work from furlough?
- Returning to work from furlough Q&A
- What is the flexible furlough scheme?
- Buying or selling a home during coronavirus
- Effect of COVID-19 on local property market
- Extension to ban on evictions announced
- More changes to coronavirus job retention scheme
- Coronavirus Job Retention scheme extended until end of October
- Latest update on furloughed worker scheme - 14th April
- Wage claims for furloughed workers - FAQs
- Changes to holiday carry-over
- Employment law advice on coronavirus outbreak
- New measures to help self employed during coronavirus
- Announcement of self-employed coronavirus Income Support Scheme
- Coronavirus help for the self-employed
- Can I be evicted during coronavirus lockdown?
- Advice for separated parents during lockdown
- What is a furloughed worker?
- Force majeure clauses in business contracts and coronavirus
- Break clauses in commercial leases
- Update for Employers on Coronavirus school closures
- Coronavirus Employment Law Update
- Coronavirus Update
- Coronavirus advice for employers and businesses
If you have any questions regarding the situation, please do not hesitate to pick up the phone. Government guidelines are changing daily and we will continue to do our best to continue to offer uninterrupted service levels while protecting our clients, staff and the wider public.
Christchurch Office: 01202 499255
Ringwood Office: 01425 610100
Thank you for your understanding.