Chris Dobbs provides a case update after Maya Forstater won the appeal at the EAT. Chris details the judgement and describes the implications that this case has for employers.
Our specialist employment solicitors operate in a complex, ever-changing area of law. We offer clear, proactive advice, allowing business owners to get on with what they do best - running their business.
The team is recommended in the Legal 500, a leading guide to law firms in the UK.
Employment law is increasingly complex and, even for an experienced HR professional, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest developments.
However, getting things wrong can be costly. Employers need the right advice at the right time from experts who take a pragmatic and commercial approach.
Our team specialises in all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law, offering practical, common sense advice to balance the commercial realities of running a business with the ever-changing legal requirements.
Employer Protection Policy
We also offer an Employer Protection Policy, a retainer based fee structure for specialist HR legal advice, backed by insurance protection against any claims by employees. The same commercial advice, a cost-effective way to pay.
We can help you with:
- Disciplinary action and grievance procedures
- Drafting service agreements, contracts of employment and consultancy agreements
- Defending employment tribunal claims
- Negotiating settlements
- Advice on discrimination and harassment issues
- Drafting and advising on compromise agreements for departing employees
- Negotiating termination deals
- Redundancy programs
- Advice on post-termination restrictions
- The employment aspects of corporate acquisitions and disposals
- Bespoke in-house training for Management and HR Teams
- Employer Protection Policy.
Contact us if you would like a free initial appointment to discuss any of these issues.
Employment Law in Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ringwood and the New Forest
We have offices in Christchurch and Ringwood, but ou r specialist Employment Team also covers Bournemouth, Poole, Ringwood and the New Forest, with the majority of our clients located in the Bournemouth and Poole area.
Thanks to our outstanding IT systems, we can service clients from across the country.