Trainee Solicitor Tara Jones outlines the ins and outs of mergers and acquisitions, providing a checklist for businesses looking to start somewhere.
If you’re involved in purchasing, selling or leasing commercial property, you must be properly advised. Our team of bright experts is recommended in the Legal 500 for their proactive advice, delivered in plain English.
By building a close individual working relationship with our clients, we aim to understand your business and your commercial ambitions.
Our team adopts these objectives, providing clear commercial advice and a personal service which will really move you.
We can help you with:
- Corporate property finance
- Disputes and property litigation
- Estate development and plot sales
- Estate management
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Leases and lease extensions
- Transferring a commercial lease
- Property development
- Sale and leaseback
- Sales and purchases
- Secured lending
Commercial Property in Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ringwood and the New Forest
We have offices in Christchurch and Ringwood. Our Commercial Property Team also covers Bournemouth, Poole, Ringwood and the New Forest. The majority of our clients located in the Bournemouth and Poole area, but we have clients from across the UK.
Our commercial property solicitors’ expertise
Commercial property is likely to be fundamental to the operation of your business. Whether you use commercial property for business premises, you are a developer, or a property investor, we have the skills and expertise necessary to help you succeed.
We regularly work with occupiers, commercial landlords & tenants, small to large scale developers, and investors across the Dorset area. Although our offices are based in Christchurch and Ringwood, we attract individuals and businesses from Bournemouth, Poole, the New Forest and beyond.
Our clients range from sole traders and individual investors, to small and medium enterprises, to large regional and national corporations. We have experience handling transactions involving all types of commercial property, including:
- Retail space
- Cafes, restaurants and pubs
- Leisure facilities and gyms
- Mixed use
Whatever your purpose for dealing with commercial property, we approach all matters with a dynamic and proactive attitude. As well as our in-depth legal knowledge, we have decades of combined experience and a high level of commercial awareness.
We are proud to be able to offer an end-to-end commercial property service that caters to all your needs. From acquisition, to financing, to planning, to disposal, our consistent service and reliable advice adapts as your business grows and evolves. Our commercial property lawyers are known for building strong, ongoing relationships with businesses based on creative vision and shared goals.
Our commercial property team are also more than happy to assist with one-off matters or to provide general advice about your legal rights and responsibilities.
Legal advice for commercial property disputes
We have a wide range of experience supporting individuals and businesses in disputes concerning commercial property. We utilise strong negotiation skills to find resourceful solutions to issues such as:
- Landlord & tenant disputes:
- Rent arrears
- Service charge disputes
- Rent review disputes
- Breach of covenant
- Break clause disputes
- Transferring commercial leases (assignment and sub-letting)
- Planning disputes and change of use
- Adverse possession and trespass
- Development disputes
- Rights to light, rights of way and other easements
- Option agreement disputes
- Overage disputes
We always aim to resolve disputes as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible while minimising disruption to the operation of your business and any negative publicity.
Legal advice for landlords and tenants about commercial leases
Our team includes several specialist commercial lease solicitors who provide advice to commercial landlords & tenants about a wide range of leasehold matters and disputes.
As well as our dispute resolution experience, our expertise includes:
- Drafting and reviewing the terms of commercial leases
- Transferring a commercial lease – assignment and subletting
- Break clauses and notices
- Renewing a commercial lease
For more information about assignment and subletting, visit our page on Transferring a Commercial Lease.
You may also be interested in…
We have written these commercial property articles to support your business in every aspect of buying, selling and leasing property and exercising your property rights:
- What is an option agreement?
- Break clauses in commercial leases - FAQs
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards and Commercial Properties
- A Guide to Overage Provisions on Land
- Company voluntary arrangements and turnover rents
Our other services for business
We can also help with a wide range of associated corporate and commercial matters, including:
- Business contracts, such as:
- Terms and conditions
- Shareholders agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Franchising agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Employment law advice for employers, such as:
- Contracts of employment
- Drafting and reviewing policies and procedures
- dispute resolution, settlement agreements and employment tribunal defence
- HR training
- Debt recovery services
- Insolvency and restructuring advice
- Property litigation and dispute resolution
Our commercial property fees
The viability of your business strategy will be a priority for us at all times. We are happy to discuss flexible fee structures with you that balance your budget with your commercial property requirements. Give us a call for more information about our fee structures and possible funding arrangements.