Contracts and agreements are a crucial part of any business and as such need to be created by an experienced commercial lawyer.
A business contract is a legally binding written agreement between two or more parties and gives each party the opportunity to:
- Specify all obligations they are expected to fulfil
- Describe all obligations the other party/parties are expected to fulfil
- Clearly set out the responsibilities and risks of the parties
- Limitation of any liabilities
- Set a time frame in which the terms of the contract will be met
- Specify payment terms
- Establish terms of sale, lease or rental
- Determine the terms required for each party to end the contract if necessary.
Matthew Fretten, Frettens’ Commercial Partner, says “A contract makes personal and business agreements official and binding. It is also the best protection should a dispute arise. Our Corporate and Commercial team will work closely with you to create effective agreements, tailor-made for your business.”
The types of contract which Frettens can prepare for you include:
- Supply contracts
- Franchise agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Terms and Conditions for goods and services, sales and purchases
- Marketing agreements
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Our Commercial Team offers a free review of your current terms and conditions, advising of any areas which should perhaps be improved. Contact Matthew to set up a review or to ask a question on 01202 499255.
Read more on contracts for your business.