Commercial property can be a fantastic investment and help elevate your business even further. In this article, Hannah Martin outlines everything you need to know before taking the plunge.
Simon has been a family law specialist for over 30 years and has a track record of representing a very diverse range of clients. As well as specialised knowledge of divorce and separation, Simon’s expertise includes dealing with high net worth financial remedy proceedings, handling complex Children Act Matters (including financial claims) and cohabitation disputes.
Simon started work as a lawyer in Bournemouth in 1987 and, after practicing locally, spent five years with a prestigious provincial practice in the South East representing very high net worth individuals, frequently in the principal registry in London. He joined Frettens in 2018 and heads up the Family team in Ringwood which opened the same year and in 2021 was made Partner.
Simon is trained as a collaborative lawyer. Collaborative lawyers work with you, your partner and your partner's lawyer, in a series of face to face negotiations, to help you resolve your family disputes, to reach an agreement rather than go through court proceedings. Simon is based in our Ringwood office.
Simon is also a member of Resolution, an organisation for professionals who specialise in family law matters. Resolution is committed to working in constructive and non-confrontational ways in order to resolve disputes, produce outcomes and provide support for separating families and children.
- Representing a Director shareholder in a long established family business (now multi million pound turnover and trading all over the world) regarding how the value of the business should be treated and in addition multiple property interests (some international) and pension issues regarding division of matrimonial assets and retention of non-matrimonial assets..
- Representing an international financier based in a British Sovereign State (3,000 miles from the UK) regarding complex contact issues.
- Collaboratively representing a party to resolve matrimonial finances where there were multi-million-pound family trusts involved forming part of the agreed financial arrangements.
- Representing a Father in a long running child dispute with elements of parental alienation and financial claims made by mother for housing and further lump sums.
- Representing a party in terminating a high-level maintenance order made for life to former spouse.
Simon is kept busy outside of work with walking two very energetic dogs who regularly help him and the family explore the coast and countryside of Dorset and Hampshire. He is a lapsed sportsman, now mainly an “armchair commentator” for his favourite sport of rugby (having grown up in Leicestershire what other sport is there?). Simon is also keen reader of fiction and an enthusiastic amateur cook.
Simon is approachable, clear and concise and always has your best interests at heart. He asked me at the outset what I wanted to achieve, he said to me, do exactly as I say and you can achieve all of that. We had an extremely adversarial other side, but he kept calm throughout both court hearings and kept me on the right side which was only beneficial to me long term.
Thank you for everything, your work ethic and personal service was way beyond anything l could of ever expected as was the outcome that you have secured for me l am truly grateful.
Simon is a very experienced family solicitor who provides excellent legal advice and guidance. His approach is clear and he ensures it is easy for you to understand the legal position. His attention to detail is second to none. He helped and guided me through a very difficult time in family court. I would and have trusted him with the things most precious to me, my family.
Just a quick note to say thank you once again for your support throughout the process, while I appreciate this is work you’ve kept me grounded and focused on the longer term than the infuriating short. Although I wish I didn’t have to use your service I’m am glad that you have been in my corner throughout the last few years.